J -Jenny SchoberlThis is a post from the bloggy blog of my pal Jenny from a lovely blog and Facebook page called Holdin' Holden. She is a peach and we have BIG BIG BIG plans to start a Private Investigation business that has the most awesome and most longest name ever that I can't remember right now because I am a moron, but trust me...it's good. Not many people can keep up with me or keep from boring me in a ridiculous text-a-thon of nonsensical chatter, but she is one of the few. She has also written a book, which is really hard and takes lots of focus and stuff. Read this. If you like it go like her blog and like her Facebook page and buy her damn book. xoxoTen toys I could live without (but the kids can't)
As a mom, I buy my kids shit. Not actual shit mind you (they make enough of that on their own), but it's still shit to me. I'm not one of those "i'll buy you whatever you want as long as you STFU and let me finish my grocery shopping" types, but they do get toys on occasions other than holidays and birthdays. Which in turn means that my house is full of useless junk. Not useless to them mind you, but useless to me- because there's only so much kid junk that keeps my more superior adult brain (aka, little to no imagination) occupied. I buy them for them because they like them and i'm attempting to do that whole "good mommy" thing; plus that means they won't be tugging at my pant leg begging me to constantly entertain them with puppets or some shit, but that doesn't mean I like them. Actually, to be totally honest with you, I HATE the majority of their toys. It's hard not to when you've developed this paranoid flinch when you hear the battery powered ones flip to the "on" position. So, like I do with so many other things in my random life- I have made a list of the ones that top my "if I could melt you down into plastic to use as a footrest without causing my child to have an explosion the size of Chernobyl, I would" list.
1. Matchbox cars: There is no doubt in my mind that they all feed into a collective conscious stream that tells them to attempt to break parents necks. Why else would you only EVER find them at the bottom of a stairwell or in the dead center of a room. Sometimes I am convinced they materialize directly under my feet.
2. Magna Doodles: There's only so many times I can look at a drawing of.. ????THEFUCK?? and clap and say "YAY!" before they start asking me to tell them what I think it is, and then I get bitched the hell out for not knowing. Oh, and i'm really fucking sick of the stylus breaking off and the full on face melting tantrums it causes when you can't find it.3. Anything with stickers: Give it about 5 minutes and those pieces of doesn'tstickgoodenough shit are torn off left and right. Now you're left with a super expensive busted ass toy that looks like you bought it for a penny at a garage sale. Even worse when YOU were forced to put the stickers on yourself.
4. "Some assembly required": because fuck you. And the horse you rode in on.
5. Anything that makes noise: If you have ever been forced to sit through 25 rounds of the ABC song, you feel my pain
6. Books: Yeah, they're educational. You're encouraged to read to your children to promote learning- but I swear to fuck if I have to say Goodnight to the bowl of oatmeal one more fucking time I will snap. And furthermore, who the fuck eats oatmeal before bed? You're tellin' me you let that kid eat his breakfast and leave the bowl in his room all day? Barf.
7. THIS FUCKING BUS
Seriously. Its eyes TWITCH when it rolls. Ours is currently stuck in the eyes rolled back"i'm going to devour your soul" position.KILL IT WITH FIRE!8. Thomas the Train anything: It's expensive as all hell, and it says "PEEP PEEP"- Might as well go to a strip club for the same effect and pay LESS.9. Recorders: Do I really need to explain this one? I am positive whomever thought up the recorder did it as a malicious hateful gag. I am also convinced that the friends who gave my child TWO for his first birthday hate me. Needless to say, they are hidden in a deep dark corner of a closet I will not identify... but really I should have incinerated them.10. Legos: We.All.Know.Why.What makes your list of toys you could live without (aka burn at the stake and dance on the ashes of)??
Facebook Page (click here)
Blog (click here)
Book (click here)








The toys they can ride on.. Ex. My mother bought my 2 year old one of those Little People cars last weekend. I have bruises all over the back of my legs from where my TERRIBLE TWO YEAR OLD has run me over numerous times and she hasn't even had the stupid thing a week yet.. This is the 2nd ride on toy my mother has bought her. She has the car, a zebra AND the FUCKING tricycle which she can only ride inside the house right now because of the area we live in.. I hate these things and I'm not sure I like the people who game them to her..
ReplyDeletehttp://thestir.cafemom.com/big_kid/140977/10_toys_to_give_children?utm_medium=sm&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=thestir_fanpage
ReplyDeleteSomeone copied Jenny!!!
I cannot believe there are no comments yet. Awesome blog, and very true if truth be told. Thank you for letting the cat out of the bag. :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the marvelous posting! I seriously enjoyed reading it,
ReplyDeleteyou will be a great author.I will remember to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back later
on. I want to encourage that you continue your great job,
have a nice evening!
Feel free to visit my page Sandpoint waterfront FSBO
anything about, relating to, or that even faintly reminds me of Curious George. put the monkey back in the jungle and give the fracking man in the yellow hat a name already.
ReplyDeleteLOL! We have a recorder that has been hidden at the top of a closet for about a year now... I'm not sure why we don't just throw the damned thing away. I think we fear it, a little...
ReplyDeleteI totally wouldn't waste my toy bribery on the supermarket but i am totally a stfu and let me drink my coffee and write my blog mom, so my house is littered with useless shit. right now, i'm sooo loving the nerf guns where every time i think i'm having an actual, blessed moment of quiet, i get shot in the head. Fucking hasbro!
ReplyDeleteI've been trying to comment for a day, but due to the brain injury i sustained being shot in the head with Nerf guns by stealth mini-spies as i quietly drank my morning coffee, i have been unable to figure it out.
ReplyDeleteLol
DeleteAhhhh HAA!!
TOO FUNNY!.......Cuz I know JUST what you're saying!
Part 4 of my Pay It Forward Guest Blogger Series thanks for the information all about it.dissertation writing help | Dissertation for Sale | who to get dissertation
ReplyDelete